How do you guys eat?

Options
misti777
misti777 Posts: 217 Member
Do you guys measure, weigh, or count everything? Or do you just estimate everything? I've been wondering because I just estimate and it seems to work fine because we use different measure cups at my house often so I can mostly tell how many TBSPs of peanut butter I am using when I make a sandwich.

Replies

• ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I use a scale and I measure everything ,right down to mayo and peanut butter...........keeps me honest and dead on !!I even do dry spices.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Do you guys measure, weigh, or count everything? Or do you just estimate everything? I've been wondering because I just estimate and it seems to work fine because we use different measure cups at my house often so I can mostly tell how many TBSPs of peanut butter I am using when I make a sandwich.

scales are a lot more accurate than a 'cup' of something

i weigh EVERYTHING!
  • Mellyandy
    Options
    I just estimate fr the most part,when im cooking dinner sometimes ill measure.... I guess I could start measuring ...do u find it helps and makes you more aware?
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I used to but now I've done it so much I'm pretty good a judging it, occasionally I'll check it to be sure
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I always weigh my food, then I know it's going to be 99% accurate
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I just estimate fr the most part,when im cooking dinner sometimes ill measure.... I guess I could start measuring ...do u find it helps and makes you more aware?

Yes, I used to think the chicken breast I ate was 160 calories, I bought a food scale and realised it was 330. It's very eye opening and I find it makes cooking a little more fun!
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I stopped using measuring cups for everything but liquids. If you had a scale, you'd notice that that "half cup" serving of cereal was much more than the grams stated in the serving size.
  • zingmum
    zingmum Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I try and weigh everything I prepare. Meals out are a best-guess.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    How do I eat? I use utensils, and often. Oh, and weigh stuff with a digital scale.
  • jonsey_s
    jonsey_s Posts: 222
    Options
    Knife, fork, spoon, plate.

open mouth, insert, chew. Repeat as necessary.

:flowerforyou:

( I weigh things once to get an idea and eye it afterwards.)
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I am sure using a food scale would be best. I probably would do that, but I am "too busy."
    I have measured some, but not a lot.
    I use bf% first and foremost to check my progress, followed by my clothing and the mirror.
    Also, it seems when I am in my "sweet spot" for fat loss, I am just a little bit hungry most of the time....but that's probably just me, I really really like to eat:happy:
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I weigh most things. I prep a lot of my food in advance in bulk, weigh it and freeze it in single servings. It makes my workweek go a lot smoother.

Peanut butter is one that I *always* weigh no matter what. The more calorie dense it is, the more important it is to weigh it. But even the calories in baby carrots can add up fast.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    It depends. Higher calorie value foods I weigh (meat, potatoes, pasta, rice, sauces like mayo), lower cal stuff like veg I estimate as if I'm a bit out it doesnt really have a big impact.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Like this....
    CXVqQT1.gif

Seriously weigh everything tho and here is why...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think
  • misti777
    misti777 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Ha-Ha guys. I guess I could've titled this better lol. But thanks for the feedback. I will probably weigh any meat that I eat from now on because that's whats hardest to estimate.
  • drazani
    drazani Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I weigh all of my food on digital scales so Icahn keep it as accurate as possible, when eating out I try to estimate as best as I can, I normally have around 100-200 cals left over most days as I struggle to eat all of my cals (around 2200-2300 on excercise days)
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Ha-Ha guys. I guess I could've titled this better lol. But thanks for the feedback. I will probably weigh any meat that I eat from now on because that's whats hardest to estimate.
    DON'T estimate!!! weigh it, kitchen scales less than $20, precise measurements=priceless
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    with a fork and...

OK, i do weigh everything. it's been a real eye opener to me and i realized i was way underestimating things.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I've just begun being a little more diligent to measure things. I think I will eventually get a food scale, but I haven't yet. Actually, it was a pleasant surprise to find out that my cereal bowls, which I thought were 4 cups, were only 3, and I've been overestimating how much cereal I've been eating.
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I weigh pretty much everything- sometimes I will measure the things that come in tablespoons but other than that, i weight it all.