Hello πŸ‘‹

Options
Hi! My name is Lane and I want to lose weight in a healthy way. I have always been fit and love all kinds of sports and activities. I put on weight after a major operation and it is proving stubborn to shed. My favourite workouts are with Caroline Girvan and Jillian Michaels. I also enjoy Sarah Beth Yoga to keep me calm and grounded. I love walking, photography and my beautiful πŸ€ boys who make me smile every day. Thank you for welcoming me into your community.

Replies

• Weaverlady1
    Weaverlady1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m Martha. Will be working on weight loss and getting my sugar cravings back under control! Nice to meet everyone.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,641 Member
    Options
    Hi, Lane, and welcome to MFP!

I think you've come to a good place for healthy weight loss: Lots of successful folks here, over time; and there's a strong Community bias toward evidence-based, practical strategies.

There are probably as many different approaches as there are people. In that sense, you may see diverse opinions, even the occasional argument or other kerfluffle, but I firmly believe that most folks in the Community genuinely want to help others succeed.

It's great that you love sports and activities: That can only be a help! There are people here who do a huge range of different things, including a few genuine experts on some things.

Have you settled on an eating approach or plan, to pursue your healthy weight loss goal? It needn't be some fancy named diet, just logging one's eating and trimming back calories in personally-manageable ways can be very successful.

I'm a big believer that personalization is key: Finding ways of eating and moving that fit our individual preferences, strengths, and limitations, so that we can make practical, relatively easy-to-sustain changes in our habits. For me, and I think some others, weight management is not a project with an end date, but a lifelong endeavor. (I'm in year 6+ on MFP, lost almost 1/3 of my bodyweight back in 2015-16, now hanging around because MFP and the Community here help me stay at that healthy weight . . . after around 30 years previously of overweight/obesity.)

Wishing you much success!