Deleting threads in a team

Options
sharonsparkle3
sharonsparkle3 Posts: 1,747 Member
As a Leader of a team, is there any way to delete a complete thread that I have started that is no longer relevant?

Best Answer

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,295 MFP Staff
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    If by "Team" you are referring to a Private Group, you can delete posts within that group as long as you are a Group Leader by clicking the (...) beside the first post of the discussion, then clicking "Delete Discussion".

If you are not a group leader, then you can either request one to delete the discussion, or follow Cheesy's advice below to report the post and select "This is my post and I want to delete it".

If you're referring to a post within the main forums, then you would need to report your post and request it to be deleted using the same directions above.

Answers

• Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Are you able to report it like any other post to be deleted? To do that, you’d flag it and request that an admin or moderator would delete it. They are busy, though, so it may or may not be done and may take awhile as it’s not spam nor abuse of policy.

Could you close the thread and start a new one?
  • sharonsparkle3
    sharonsparkle3 Posts: 1,747 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, especially @durden As a newer member of MFP, I learn something new every day!
This discussion has been closed.