Adding to my Support Team... Sodium Aware

Options
Hi everyone,

Am looking to add a few new friends with open diaries and everyday logging. What started as a project to help get my husband's blood pressure under control has turned into an eye-opening (and thankfully pound-shedding) experience. Would love to have other's that are watching their sodium intake (1,500 - 2,300 mg) as well... support welcome!

Replies

• ecka723
    ecka723 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hey there, welcome!

I've added you as a friend. I am someone who has high blood pressure trying to lose weight. I have to limit myself to 1500 mg per day, although there are definitely some days where it is more. I try to follow a low-sodium diet 95% of the time.
  • deannawbennett
    Options
    You and your husband have been a real inspiration. I started dieting to solely lose weight. But I picked DASH to help control blood pressure for my sister and mom. After 11 weeks, I am down 17.5 pounds, sis is down 14, and mom is down 18. But my sisters blood pressure is down from 159/105 to an average of 115/70. My mom, who was on medicine with wildly uncontrolled blood pressure, is now at a stable blood pressure. The docs will check every 3 months for what medical adjustments are needed based on effective diet. We try to stay at 1500 mg of sodium per day. This has been both challenging (to the brain) and exciting. And the benefits of eating this way are undeniable. So thanks for being there. You have been more supportive of me than the reverse, but I can at least praise you for the ripples that your healthy accomplishments have had.
  • callietiger
    callietiger Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    How very awesome!! You have done so good... and I love that you've taken your family with you! Isn't it so much easier when those that are close are on-board?! The effects on your sis & moms BP are such good news... I hope more folks will look at *them* and take their health back. Thank you for your sweet words and your support!