STARTING 2022 OFF WITH A STRONG MINDSET

Options
keebrawilkerson
keebrawilkerson Posts: 28 Member
edited January 2022 in Introduce Yourself
Hey y'all!!
I'm Keebs and MyFitnessPal was suggested by some fitness enthusiasts and coaches that I follow. I have used some other apps as well, but thought I'd give this a shot.

OBJECTIONS: be more consistent with tracking nutrition and macros, get better results from all my hybrid training, learn from others through different journeys and lifestyles.

I'm a K5-12 PhysEd Teacher at a University Model Prep School, I am a Certified Fitness and Nutrition Coach (with no coach of my own, unfortunately) and I am a Biohacking Educator/Coach.

I'm looking forward to all my experiences within this community!!

*How are you rocketing into this new year with your health and fitness goals??

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,523 Member
    Options
    Hi, Keebs. Welcome to MFP.

I had to Google bio hacking. Never heard of it before. Very interesting and very futuristic.

I’m over the hump, so to speak, so my overall goal is to maintain. My short term goal is increasing weights, getting a chin stand and a decent wheel pose (janky shoulders). Long term goal is a handstand.

Daily goal is simply to appreciate what I can do.

I suppose you could say I’ve biohacked myself, lol.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,316 Member
    Options
    Hi, Keebs, and welcome to MFP!

It sounds like you can be a great resource in the Community, if you'd choose to be. Most folks here enjoy thoughtful, open-minded contributions with some evidence-based ideas behind them, and your background should be very helpful in that regard.

I have to admit, I'm not rocketing anywhere: I've been on MFP since 2015, lost from class 1 obese to a healthy weight, and am hanging around here to continue at that healthy weight. As an age 66, retired, hedonistic aging hippie type, my intent is to stay active, healthy, and independent as long as possible. Interacting with other healthy, active people here helps me do that.

I'm an on-water rower who mixes in a little light trail cycling (on my hybrid bike) in summer, and somewhat more reluctantly turns to machine rowing and stationary biking, among other things, to stay in semi-reasonable condition through my Northern icy Winter, so I don't need to start from square 1 every Spring. I've been ovo-lacto vegetarian for 47+ years, thin to fat to obese and back to thin again.

I hope you find MFP helpful with your personal goals, whatever they may be, and that you'll enjoy participating in the community. Best wishes!