When should you decided to stop losing weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    We all set "goal weights". but it isn't a hard and fast number. If nine pounds of a number you selected last year is stressing you out.. change it to the weight you are now and celebrate what the heck you've accomplished!
    You've lost weight by simply changing your behaviors ..cutting back on portions ..and you even navigated the holiday dinners and celebrations without gaining!
    You are amazing! Give yourself credit.. hang where you are and do more later if you wish and when you truly feel like you want to that. Congrats.
  • DupreeTheTRex
    DupreeTheTRex Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    We all set "goal weights". but it isn't a hard and fast number. If nine pounds of a number you selected last year is stressing you out.. change it to the weight you are now and celebrate what the heck you've accomplished!
    You've lost weight by simply changing your behaviors ..cutting back on portions ..and you even navigated the holiday dinners and celebrations without gaining!
    You are amazing! Give yourself credit.. hang where you are and do more later if you wish and when you truly feel like you want to that. Congrats.

Coming back to this post about a month later and I’m still hitting my target of 1lbs per week it seems. It’s weird because it doesn’t feel that way but when I logged my weight for the mo to sure enough I hit my target. I’ve actually been eating more as well aiming for maintenance because I’ve been stressing about losing the last 9 lbs.

At this point I’ve decided I’m not going to make any changes to what I’m doing now. If I stay within a range weight come Spring that is where I’ll stop and work on maintenance.

Can’t remember if I mentioned it or not but part of my weight loss journey involves me not shaving or cutting my hair. So my beard is down to my belly button nearly now and I know I have close it 8 inches on my hair (possibly enough to donate - at least I’m hoping. May let the hair grow out a little longer if I’m short a bit).

Thanks for all the kind comments (to you and everyone)