Finding my own recipe help...

Options
muggle_mom
muggle_mom Posts: 20 Member
I am sure this has been answered, but I can't find it. I'm sorry if its obvious, but just can't seem to figure this out.

I have 20+ pages of recipes that I've typed in. How do I find them to track what I ate for a day without back tracking through 20 pages or more looking for them? So far I just go through the tracker recipe tab looking for them, or the Food/recipe tab (recipe box), page by page until I find the one I'm looking for. Is there a search bar on my recipe box? I can't find it. The recipes don't come up when I'm in the food tracker if I type the first few words. Please help.

I do have success with recently logged recipes because its in my 'recents' list.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    In the iOS app, there is an option to search your recipes, it’s one of the 4 headings to choose from when entering a new food. It will bring up old ones, too. I don’t know what it looks like for android or desktop users.

buj8zgwwbca2.jpeg

Going forward, you can label your new recipes with your own “brand” in the title so they come up in your searches. I use my initials, so my bone broth is labeled “SJKs own bone broth” (maybe it’s a food or a recipe, I don’t remember). But that way it comes up easily when I’m tracking, building recipes, meals, etc. If you’re bored some day you could go back and edit your old recipes to have that brand name, too.

Answers

• Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    @muggle_mom this is the recipe page in the iOS app, there is a search function at the top. Clicking on any recipe after you search for it gives the option to edit or log it from that scree, too. Again, I don’t know what the android app or desktop versions look like, I only use the iOS app

pz893ikvyayi.png
  • muggle_mom
    muggle_mom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @Cheesy567 You are an angel! I generally don't use my phone for recipes, so I never thought to look there. Thank you so much. Honestly, it was making me crazy. I'm hoping I'm just missing as simple a solution on the desktop, but I'm thrilled to know that I can do this from my phone. Thanks again!!!
This discussion has been closed.