new here also

littlelauraold
littlelauraold Posts: 2
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi,

I am new here also and decided to join this site because I think it would be a helpful place to really amp up my efforts, I willl need the tools and perhaps the support of others here since my journey is long and seeing everything I can log like my food calories and workouts will be a wonderful addition to ensuring I get to my goals.

I am 41, almost 42 in August. I started actually on 6/14/10 at 252 lbs and have lost 10 lbs to date. So I am at 242 and I am 5 ft 2 in and would like to lose 122 or more by the end of 2011. I am taking it slow and steady, doing a lower carb eating program as I am diabetic. I am trying just now to add more formal exercise than just walking. I do enjoy the ellipticals. I would like on average to lose 2 lbs per week but will be happy with any loss.

Thanks for such a wonderful site,
Laura

Replies

• scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Welcome! You are definitely in the right place. I'm also looking to lose 2 lbs a week - don't be fooled by those that say faster is better. Good luck, and enjoy the support and friendship you will find here. :wink:
  • CoachJ77
    CoachJ77 Posts: 80 Member
    Hello and welcome. I am currently doing a diet program for two weeks to see how I like it and personally see how it works. It is a ketogenic diet, also known as Atkins diet. I am about to eat a little then hit th gym and see what my weight is. I know a lot of people that have diabetes use this diet because your carb count is lower than 40g unless you eat tons of veggies. If you ever want to check my diet it is viewable to the public and feel free to shoot me a message :) Good luck, I am sure you will do great!
  • Cissy92
    Cissy92 Posts: 63 Member
    Hi an welcum to the family...cause thats wat we are....encouragement an motivation is here whenever u need it....feel free 2 add me as a friend...God Bless with ur weight goal
  • dfwtxmissy
    dfwtxmissy Posts: 102
    We could be twins...47, 5-2ish, 235 to start...have lost 11 pounds..I joined our local gym..Water aerobics, circuit training and cardio. I am noticing a difference in how my clothes are fitting. I have even discovered that I can sit cross legged in my chair at work...this to me is the most awesome thing. There is tons of support on this site and one of my friends on this site lives down the street and we work out together. We help each other and it works.
This discussion has been closed.