Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Do you know how to code a search box or how to alphabetize????

Options
Yeah, I know you're sick of hearing it, but man, how I miss Sparkpeople. They knew how to do this right. I have been BEGGING for months for MFP to do simple things like enable me to alphabetize or add a search box to my custom recipes. I have to scroll through page after page after page trying to find a recipe. It's the same thing with the Food Diary. There should be a search box so I can search the four pages of foods I currently have in there (and it will be growing unless I get so fed up I dump this app altogether) instead of constantly having to scroll. This is simple, no-brainer stuff. So easy to code. Why do you have to make it so difficult for people to use this app and then CHARGE for it!? C'mon MFP - get with the USER-FRIENDLY program! I HATE paying every month for an app that is SOOOO frustrating to use! TWO simple solutions - a search box and the ability to alphabetize! And I am so sick of hearing they'll submit the suggestions to their developers. NOTHING ever improves. I would switch to another app in a heartbeat if I could find something that isn't even more expensive or more difficult to use. :s
3 votes

Open for Voting · Last Updated

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,132 Member
    Options
    Are you using the website only? I use the Android app and there is the option to search foods, recipes and meals and to sort the results alphabetically.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I feel like if they were going to make the recipes searchable on desktop, they've had about 15 years to do it.

That said, there is a workaround. You can go into the app to Recipes, Meals, & Foods, search for the recipe you want, then just Edit it, make one little change (I usually change the serving size to 1), Save, and then go refresh the recipe page on the desktop site until the change syncs. Is it elegant? Not at all, but it is *a* solution.