Vacation!!

Options
When you vacation do you skip, modify, or do your regular workout? I am going to Key West in Oct for my sister's wedding. We will be doing snorkeling and a ghost tour so lots of walking and swimming. Do I count these as my workouts or do I need to make sure I hit the hotel gym for 30 mins or so? Does it depend on the type of vacation? I usually get up an extra 30 min to do yoga, but when I'm on vacation I LOVE being able to sleep in. Also, it's time with my fiance, who regularly lives 6 hours away. Opinions?

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I went on vacation a few weeks ago, intended to work out, but didn't....at all. I was probably more active on vacation than I am on a regular daily basis, though.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Well, technically, I'm on my vacation now. I'm not at work, but I'm still at home. (son is in school, husband works...life goes on!) I'm still following everything, after all, this is a lifestyle change for me, not a "diet". A long term goal for me is a cruise I'm planning & saving for to go on in April with my mum. My plan then is to not count calories for the week, but still do my daily runs. But that is 7/8 months away...

I would say see how you feel with all the activity there is planned for you there. Are you used to doing all that? Will you need to add your normal yoga to it? How active is your fiancé? Maybe he would want to join you?
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I was recently on vacation and was able to exercise only 4 times during the 11 days even though there was a great gym at the hotel. But I was walking around for 4 hours a day at least, hiking, swimming and etc.
    I don't log those activities though.
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Just behave, and count the walking as an exercise.
    End enjoy it.
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    Vacation is vacation for me: off time from work, from home, from MFP and from gym.
    It's time to relax, enjoy, free your head and come back full force afterwards.

I may have some more lbs on the scale after a vacation, but they are off very fast as soon as I'm back into my routine.
  • jovalleau
    jovalleau Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have a vacation to Disney World in September. We'll see how things go, as I have not been on a vacation trip in a long time. I have a pretty strict diet, as far as what I eat, so it should be interesting.