Calculating Starbucks Calories with Substitutions

Options
joseph9
joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
Does anybody know a surefire way to calculate Starbucks drink calories with substitutions? Here's my problem, but I'd love to know a general way.

1) I enjoy a venti pistachio latte with almond milk, but Starbucks' menu calculator won't adjust calories if you change the milk product or make other changes other than size. It tells you that a venti pistachio latte is 400 calories no matter what you do to the milk or other ingredients.

2) I found a website somewhere that said that a plain venti almond milk latte was 130 calories, and Starbucks' menu says that a plain venti 2% milk latte is 250 calories, so I assumed that almond milk saves 120 calories, resulting in 280 for my drink.

Does Starbucks list the calories ingredient by ingredient someplace so I can do the math myself? Thanks!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,172 Member
    Options
    I have no idea whether it's accurate or not, but this calculator (not put out by Starbucks) seems willing to estimate that specific drink.

https://lattecalories.com/siren

It guesses 252 calories. As a long-term (6+ year) calorie logger, I'd consider 252 plenty close enough to 280, unless you live on them, since we're unavoidably making small errors all the time, and it isn't worth a lot of stress IMO. (For example, one apple is sweeter than the next . . . .). They average out, within reason.

Faced with 2 or more equally superficially plausible estimates, like 252/280 maybe, I'd tend to log the higher one. YMMV.