Newbie - Again.

Hi, I am back and happy to be back.
I had been trying to do WW and it was not going well for a few years. When they changed the program, I gained. I also had a lot of changes in my life with my parent's health issues. I maintained the gain but stayed the same.
My new doctor last week handed me a sample sheet of calories for the day. Said she wanted to see me tracking 1200 daily with 150 min of walking.
I inputted the sample calories inside my WW app and guess what even with the zero-point food I was at least 10pts over if I followed the suggested normal everyday food choices.
It was an eye opener, and I cancelled my expensive monthly WW and signed up here.
I always wondered if I was getting to many points.
Basically, for me, if I followed and then dipped into my weeklies...I was not doing the right things and I can't follow the nutrition goals for protein, carbs, etc.
I know WW works for others. Just not for me.

I may try premium here after I get rolling.

I would love to find some friends. Most my friends do Fitbit and are not here on MFP.

Thank you, tech people, for getting my Fitbit linked again. You rock!

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Welcome back! I honestly think basic MFP is a good place to start. Points without calorie counts don't really make sense to me. What activities do you like to do?
  • Sent you a friend request :)
  • ket41
    ket41 Posts: 1 Member
    I understand where you are at - it is me too.

Have to learn how to use app.but you can friend of you want support group