Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

'Added Sugar' column needed

Options
According to multiple sources, e.g. https://www.medicinenet.com/does_natural_sugar_count_toward_daily_intake/article.htm, natural sugars do not count, and thus the column for sugars needs to be re-labled 'Added Sugar', or a separate column added for this purpose.
11 votes

Open for Voting · Last Updated

Replies

• chrisholsman
    chrisholsman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    To be able to identify added sugars especially in commercial products would be extremely helpful for those of us tracking sugar consumption.
  • Nova
    Nova Posts: 9,955 MFP Staff
    edited April 2022
    Options
    There is a way to view sugar vs. added sugar when viewing a food item. If click on the food item, in your food diary, then scroll down to 'nutrition facts', click 'show' then you can see 'sugar', 'added sugars', and 'sugar alcohols' all separated out.
  • tmpuser123
    tmpuser123 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Nova wrote: »
    There is a way to view sugar vs. added sugar when viewing a food item. If click on the food item, in your food diary, then scroll down to 'nutrition facts', click 'show' then you can see 'sugar', 'added sugars', and 'sugar alcohols' all separated out.

I can't see it anywhere. Using android with version 23.12.5-29642
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 732 MFP Staff
    Options
    tmpuser123 wrote: »
    Nova wrote: »

I can't see it anywhere. Using android with version 23.12.5-29642

When you tap into a food item, you should see a down facing arrow directly below the "Percent of Your Daily Goals" area. Tapping into that drop down will expand all the nutrients of that food, including the Sugars.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 913 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I know you can view added sugars on a specific food item… but there is no added sugars tallied in the general nutrition graphic.

Perhaps the poster meant in the general nutrition list under total “sugar”? A total added sugars at the end of the day would be helpful IMHO.

I don’t see an added sugar in this list? Unless I’m missing it..

ij9kjwfx8a1v.jpeg