Healthy Aspirations

Options
I have yo-yo dieted since I was 9 years old, when my mother thought it was a good idea to put me on a restrictive diet like nutri-system. As a result of this my thyroid shut down and it has been a life long struggle since, battling issues such as hypertension and hypothyroidism, pre-diabetes and very low self esteem. I kept saying to myself “be happy with who you are” but that was near impossible when every time I looked in the mirror I wanted to cry. I felt unlovable, unworthy and this resulted in a very difficult life due to some poor choices.

I’m not sure what it is about the new year that makes people want to turn over a new leaf. To me it’s just another day, except this time I am not alone. I have someone who I love more than I’ve ever known love to be, and for that reason.. a selfish reason.. I want to live as long as I can to have more days, more memories, more time.

On here I hope to find a community that is positive and encouraging, people who lift each up because we all know struggle and we are all battling things on a daily basis, sometimes unseen and unknown by others. I’m all about positivity and acceptance.

Replies

• JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,477 Member
    Options
    Holy geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez I'm so sorry you had to deal with all that. But glad to hear things are looking up for you. Best wishes!