Weekly Calorie Goals

Options
Hi all,

This week I went to dinner with my family right before going back to university so I decided to indulge in a more decadent meal than I usually would.

Currently I eat 1700 calories to maintain my weight, which is about 100-104 pounds depending on the day. I’m a 5”2 female who exercises about 4 days a week.

I typically calculate calories on a weekly basis, so I try to stay at about 50-70 total calories under my weekly goal each week.

However, this week I went over my total by 465 calories. However, my weekly net calories are still under by 1590. Will going over my weekly allowance by almost 500 make any noticeable difference if my net calories are still under?

Thanks!

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,127 Member
    Options
    450 calories is the equivalent of 0.133 lbs of bodyfat, and only if that's how much you went over your maintenance calories. And a higher calorie day can rev up your metabolism a bit. So I think you're over analyzing, it's nothing in the grand scheme of things 🙂

You might see an uptick on the scale for a few days (extra food waste in your digestive tract, water retention from extra carbs and salt) but that's temporary.