My fiance can't lose weight unless she does keto

Options
2»

Replies

• rikkejohnsenrij
    rikkejohnsenrij Posts: 510 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options

she drank a lot of water, ate plenty of veggies and some fruit on keto, took fiber supplements...still had horrible constipation

Is there any reason why keto would be so much more successful than a regular diet?

Why would she work out so hard with me all of last week, watch all her calories and still gain 2 lbs?

Not sure if it counts as "successful" but if she gets constipated and stomach aches, it might reduce her appetite, so she doesn't feel hungry. I know that my appetite dropped when I was suffering from heavy constipation years ago

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Keto done correctly is very hard to follow....but it's not a magic weight loss diet beyond what others here have already mentioned (water weight, initial losses), and it sounds unsustainable for your fiance.

IF she has been on it long enough (now or in the past) to know that she loses better on that diet than a traditional calorie counting diet, perhaps she should try low(er) carb rather than full keto.

For me personally, that has been the ideal diet. I do MUCH better from a satiation standpoint, which also means the "calorie creeps" are far less likely to happen. A carb heavy diet does not work for me as I get downright hangry, and little calories sneak in here and there, and unfortunately for us women, we don't generally get as much leeway as a guy would.

If she's working out the way you make it sound, and at her weight, even with a desk job, I would question if her expectations are a bit too high as well, since those calorie levels are really low for someone as tall as she is, especially if that includes her workout calories. I would expect that number more in the 1700-1900 kcal range to lose at a reasonable rate (including her workout - but that's just a guesstimate based on my own needs as someone several inches shorter and about 45 pounds lighter - I did not calculate her numbers at all).
  • natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Some times. the lack of micronutrient like Magnesium causes this effect. Try to take 800-1400 mkg of this element before night. Choose Mg Citrate, Mg Oxalate, Mg Oxide, Mg malate, Mg taurate.