im a little erk'ed about this.....:(

Options
2»

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    This is from the Fat2FitRadio.com BMR (basal metabolic rate) and TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) calculator, based on your stats.

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

Thanks for checking your BMR here on Fat 2 Fit Radio. If you're not already subscribed to Fat 2 Fit Radio, consider doing so today. Please visit the Subscribe page to get the podcast delivered automatically to your iTunes, Juice, e-mail inbox or the podcatcher of your choice for FREE.

Entered information: 21 year old female, 69 inches tall, weighing 280 pounds

From the information that you entered, you'd like to weigh 280 lbs. We use your current weight to get your current TDEE, then create a 20%-25% calorie deficit for weight loss

Harris-Benedict Formula

There are a few different methods to calculating your basal metabolic rate (BMR). One of the most popular, developed in the early 1900's is called the Harris-Benedict formula. Based on this formula, your current BMR is 2099 calories.

How Many Calories Should I Eat?

Based on your goal weight, the following chart was generated. The chart shows the number of calories that you should eat on a daily basis to reach your goal weight. At Fat 2 Fit Radio we advocate eating like the thin, healthy person that you want to become. The calorie levels you see in the chart are not extreme, but they do create that all important caloric deficit that is required to get you to your goal weight in a safe manner. Once you reach your goal weight, you will continue eating the same number of calories for the rest of your life to maintain that weight. You'll never be on a diet again.

Based on how much activity you do on an average day, the calories in the right column will be the number of calories that you will be able to eat at your goal weight. If you start eating those calories right now (eating like the thinner you), you will eventually become that thinner person. As you get closer to your goal weight, your weight loss will start to slow down. It is OK to eat a few hundred calories less per day (200-300) to speed up your weight loss at this point.
    Activity Level Daily Calories
    Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job) 2519
    Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) 2886
    Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) 3253
    Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) 3621

Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.) 3988

Based on your activity level, your TDEE is between 3253 and 3621 calories/day. That is the amount of energy you expend in all of your daily activities, including exercise and working out. In order to lose weight, you must eat at a slight (20-25%) caloric deficit. So your daily calorie goal to lose weight at a healthy rate of 1-1.5lb/week, your daily caloric intake should be between 2440 (3253*.75) and 2715 (3621*.75)

NOTE: Please remember that this calculation is just a guideline. Your metabolism may be higher or lower based on the amount of lean muscle you have. Use these numbers a a starting point and tweak them up or down based on your weight loss or gain. It may take a couple weeks to get your exact calorie level.

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.

Good luck.

ETA: oh yeah, and recalculate your BMR and TDEE after you lose 10-15lbs to adjust for your weight loss.
  • rebeccajette
    rebeccajette Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just looked at your food diary..

First thing I'll say is - your dedication is fantastic, keep up the solid work!

Secondly, I'm going to echo what others are saying here - eat those exercise calories.. The last few entries (all I scanned) looks like you're actually taking in only a couple hundred calories every day, and if you're burning the rest off in exercise, your body is going to be starved for what it needs. 1200 is low as it is (that's what I'm on, too), but keep in mind, those calories aren't just accumulating on your hips, they're being processed by your body to feed your brain and body. The 1200 is what you should reach after all of your intake and exercise. It looks like you're making decent choices, but upping your meats/proteins could increase not only your calorie intake to actually reach the 1200 a day goal, but will also help build the muscle you need to start burning more of the extra "baggage." I also, I can't see your workout routine while I'm writing this reply, but I seem to recall reading that you're doing a LOT of cardio- maybe add some strength training into that routine? Muscle burns fat is something that we've all read, but it's absolutely true, and a strength program may be just what you need to build a bit of muscle mass to help you get over the plateau it sounds like you're on.

Also, I'm a firm believer in keeping the body guessing. Change it up occasionally - throw it a few curveballs. A new exercise, different foods... This is a great place to get the support and encouragement and info you need, but it never hurts to check other places as well! Good luck, keep it up, and don't lose that energy! :)
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Eat more. Don't punish yourself. Slow & steady will win the race Kelly.