NUTRITIONAL BREAKFAST CHALLENGE

foreverhealthy3
foreverhealthy3 Posts: 111 Member
for healthy eating habits; breakfast is suggested by nutritionist as a good start to the day. Now, it is often suggested it should be the largest most nutritious meal of the day.
since, I am retired I am trying a challenge to eat at least twice a week, a large nutritious breakfast; and even better yet after an evening of a 10 hour fast. the other two meals of the day are much lighter. if anyone is interested in trying this, bookmark the posting and join in. there are so many advantages to eating this way.
Even if you work a fulltime job, maybe, try it for the weekends. we can get into the benefits here, also.

Replies

• foreverhealthy3
    edited January 2022
    here is a start for a nutritious breakfast meal, oatmeal as in most grains, bring down blood sugar and keep blood sugars from increasing at a rapid rate. https://www.reneeskitchenadventures.com/2015/02/savory-egg-topped-oatmeal.html I add unsweetened or less sugar almond milk and can skip most sugar for oatmeal. add nuts for more nutrition
  • foreverhealthy3
    edited January 2022
    my first larger breakfast meal: 2 oz sauteed 93% lean grd beef and onions; i/2 c. whole grain oatmeal, 1/3 c. less sugar almond milk. 2 tbsp walnuts, laughing cow cheese, 1 wedge or muenster white cheese slice and 5 dried apricots, or 3 fresh strawberriesmeal - balanced nutrtion calories 479, carbs 63 grams-minus fiber 7 net carbs, 56 grams, fat, 17 grams, protein 21 grams, cholesterol 45 mg, sodium, 514 mg,
    this is a learning experience for me, and trying to have larger meal at morning
  • alexmatisco
    alexmatisco Posts: 6 Member
    I have been swapping out my breakfast items for better choices like Birchbenders Keto waffles vice kellogs Nutragrain and turkey bacon , also been using more yougart like chobani zero and adding some tripple berry mix.
  • foreverhealthy3
    I'm using balanced nutrition versus keto. I am not against keto, but choosing leaner meats. you have good choices.
  • foreverhealthy3
    edited January 2022
    my next big breakfast meal, after intermitten fasting mid-morning is this choice I am trying. https://healingautoimmune.com/aip-turmeric-beet-smoothie-recipe, open face w.w. toast and
    fried egg. I may add some frozen raspberries, that goes well with beets and unsweetened applesauce instead of full apple; raspberries go well with beets, or beet powder in a smoothie and dry coconut- dry powder, or a little coconut. I'm trying to eat carbs with protein and grains for more balanced meal