Is my exercise being counted twice in in Polar Flow Calorie Adjustment

Options
BC1121
BC1121 Posts: 2 Member
I just ran and walked 3.95 miles in 50 minutes. I track exercise and activity(steps) with a Polar watch.

Exercise(927 calories) =

Running(601 calories) + Polar Flow Calorie Adjustment(326 calories)

I see in MyFitnessPal diary, under Exercise(927 calories), that the Running 51 minutes(601 calories) is listed and there is also a Polar Flow Calorie Adjustment 10,131 steps(326 calories) listed below.

I know that the Running activity was the majority of those 326 steps so I can't help but to feel that it would be more acuate not to count the Polar Flow Calorie adjustment for activity.

Is MyFitnessPal smart enough not to count the steps I took during exercise twice or should I just disable Polar Flow Calorie Adjustment on days that I exercise?

Best Answer

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,293 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Despite it not being super clear, your calorie adjustment is not based on "steps". There is no set value for how many calories "a step" burns. Instead, your calorie adjustment is based on your overall activity as reported by your device.

The simple answer is; Yes, your overall "calorie adjustment" is calculated with your exercises factored in. Typically if you log exercises, it is more difficult to earn a calorie adjustment from the rest of your activity on top of that.

For more details on how the math works out, you can tap on your adjustment in the app, then tap the "i" on the next page. A full breakdown of the math will show up, and you should note that in this case it will say something to the effect of "Includes x calories from exercise".

Answers

This discussion has been closed.