800 calorie burned? Really??

Options
Question! I just finished my first day of 30 Day Shred (and it totally kicked my butt, btw), but I'm not sure what to record for my calories. I forgot to start my HRM to record them until about 5 minutes into the workout, and afterwards it read about 350 calories. However, as I've been walking, sitting, and drinking my gatorade over the course of 30 more minutes, it seems to have jumped up to 800! Is that accurate since my heart rate took a while to drop back down or should I record the 350?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Replies

• iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I would record the 350- and even that seems a bit high for the workout. Of course, it depends on your weight/height. I don't see anyway how you could have burned 800!
  • SwissTracey
    SwissTracey Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree 800 is way too high. I would record the 350 number. I only burn in the 200's for shred but I haven't done it in a while.
  • bethany_jurries
    bethany_jurries Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    When I used my HRM on the 30 day shred I got about 337 calories for the first level. I would stick with the 350! Don't log in to many calories its always better to guess less burned than to over shoot it! Good job though! Its an amazing workout!
  • jojospaghettio
    jojospaghettio Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the quick comments! I'm about 5'6" and weigh 181 lbs, if that helps. I am also VERY out of shape.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I'd just count the calories burned from when you did the exercise. Your body does burn calories when you're doing other things but that should be a part of your total calorie allotment for the day.
  • angiereid
    angiereid Posts: 158
    Options
    well first off it depends on how long each workout is i am 5"7" and if i power walk at 3.7 miles i burn about 800 calories for like 5 miles, on a bike like today i did 115 minutes and burned about 1200 calories i am 170 so hope that helps

828710.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • bholycross1
    Options
    Definitely go with the lower number just to be safe, however if you did actually burn 800 it will only show in the next few weeks.....I aways go with the lower number just to play its safe as I stated before. Nonetheless maybe you did burn 800 we are all different....WAY TO GO KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK...