Which is better..?

Options
I keep finding myself at the end of the day under the 1200 calorie mark, and I know it's important to eat at least that many. Is it better to eat a lot at the end of the day to catch up to 1200, or should I just try to get back on track the next day and leave it under 1200?

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    If you can eat a low carb snack at the end of the day to make up your calories, go for it. If not, I'd just say plan your menu for tomorrow right now so it doesn't happen again. :)
  • bethany_jurries
    bethany_jurries Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    If you can add a banana or something like that in to hit that mark do it. Don't let yourself be under that 1200 calorie mark. Remember each meal should be 300 calories and you should have 300 calories for snacks for the day at least! Just be happy you are not going over! :-)
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    As long as you are done eating 3 hours before bed you should be fine. I always eat late and dont really have trouble losing weight, but thats just me, everyone is different I suppose.
  • Jesusfollower72
    Options
    Try to make a better effort to eat more at breakfast and lunch. But when you do find yourself in that situation, have something low carb. Carbs eaten at night will turn to fat while you're sleeping.
  • dgroulx
    dgroulx Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Don't eat if you are not hungry. If you want to get over 1,200 calories, your best bet is a bigger breakfast. Have some fruit on your cereal. Maybe have some toast with butter or melted cheese.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    My lifestyle at the moment makes it difficult for me to eat enough at lunch and to have 2 snacks and a moderate dinner and get all my calories, so I usually have a balanced breakfast, a light lunch, MAYBE a snack if I have time and a big dinner in the evening around 6pm or so, then usually no pm snack or a small treat if I have extra calories. It's worked for me so far, and I do look foreward to having just about whatever I want at the end of a crazy day. Although now "whatever I want" is usually very healthy, just a bit bigger amount.
  • lalouli
    lalouli Posts: 41
    Options
    I've been thinking about something similar. Do you count the 1200 after exercise or do you eat under 1200 without counting your exercise?
  • eeelastic9
    eeelastic9 Posts: 24
    Options
    When I'm under 1200 that's not counting exercise, so when you factor in exercise, I'm especially under. Yesterday after my workout I had burned more calories than my entire breakfast, so I felt pressured to eat a big lunch and dinner. I'm not sure how to balance my meals more effectively.
  • lalouli
    lalouli Posts: 41
    Options
    I think it's important to keep up to the 1200 calories to make sure you can stay motivated. If you're consistently under, you may start to feel fatigued and lose energy to keep up the program. One of the things I love about doing this site is at the end of the day seeing that I have enough calories for one more little snack. It feels like a reward, and I want to see if I can do it again the next day.