fun ways to burn calories at the beach! ideas welcome!

Options
Hey all -
Going away with a friend of mine this weekend (who is also on the fitness track). Trying to think of fun, active things we can do to keep on moving forward.

Definitely going to do some biking on the boardwalk, and swimming - might get in some beach yoga. Possibly some running on the beach for me...

any other ideas?

the real challenge is going to be to stay away from the alcohol calories!

Replies

• WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Beach Volleyball? You may well find others will want to join in! Deep water jogging using the water resistance.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Swimming, surfing, boogie boarding, Frisbee, paddle ball, volleyball, kick a soccer ball, you can do anything on the beach that you would do on regular grass.
  • ReadyToBeMeAt160
    ReadyToBeMeAt160 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    oh frisbee is a good idea! and using the water as resistance. I'm excited.

mostly trying to find distractions to stay away from the beer/wine coolers tho since that's my go-to vacation treat.
  • ReadyToBeMeAt160
    Options
    Beach Volleyball? You may well find others will want to join in! Deep water jogging using the water resistance.

not really sure that beach volley ball will work since my friend is 6+ months pregnant but definitely the jogging :)
  • nan199678
    nan199678 Posts: 140
    Options

not really sure that beach volley ball will work since my friend is 6+ months pregnant but definitely the jogging :)

Lol. Pregnant or not, I don't see myself ever doing that. My ankle hates walking on the beach. And I'll be 7 months Sunday!!!
  • ReadyToBeMeAt160
    Options
    fair enough :-P

and congrats