Apple Watch calories burned is higher than normal

Options
Tdogg2
Tdogg2 Posts: 1 Member
I’ve used this app for years. Hit my weight loss goal in 2018 and have been maintaining since. I have always had the negative calorie adjustment enabled and have almost always received a negative calorie adjustment of around -40. There was some kind of bug on 12/10/21 that disabled my negative calorie adjustment and would not reflect in the mobile app despite the fact that it was enabled on the webpage. This was resolved, however I have not seen a negative calorie adjustment equivalent to my previous average since that day. In fact, I have only had 1 day since then that resulted in a negative calorie adjustment, it was -2. I have compared data from current to 12/11/21 and data from before 12/11/21. Despite the fact that I’m burning an average of 17 less calories and walking an average of 279 less steps, my Apple Watch calories burned as seen on the Calorie Adjustment screen, is higher by 46 calories on average.
I have reached out to tech support who seems to think I have no issue. They even compared 2 dates with the same number of Apple Watch calories burned, they claimed I had the same amount of steps but higher calories burned. This is not accurate, the date with the higher calories burned had 2,373 more steps yet the Apple Watch Calories Burned was the same as a day where I burned 20 less calories and took significantly less steps.
My body seems to have adapted to my workouts therefore my calorie burn has been slowly decreasing. My total active calories in my Apple Watch activity has decreased on average by 32 calories per day. One would think that my Apple Watch Calories Burned would be in line with that decrease but instead, that number has increased.
Anyone out there have any insight on this? I’ve exhausted my efforts with tech support.
This discussion has been closed.