Ultimate Accountability Challenge - February 2022 Edition!

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing basic healthy habits.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.

We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too!

The accountability part is a daily report of:
1) 20 minutes (minimum) of daily exercise;
2) Tracking everything that you eat and drink;
3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
4) Reporting of your fulfillment of the above in the group daily..... or at a minimum every couple of days.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month. It seems simple enough - but it is not easy! :)

Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification!! And those who stick with it even after they've used up their Pass Days - are celebrated as Champions!!

I hope you'll consider joining us for February. Click the link below and then click JOIN. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/142439-ultimate-accountability-challenge-february-2022

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,087 Member
    Options
    I've been with UAC since 2017. It’s is such a great motivational space, where you get valuable support from the kind, caring members.

It has helped me finally reach my UGW (just before Covid hit the world for six) and stay there for the duration. Posting everyday helps build solid habits which will help you on your quest for better Health and Fitness.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,591 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the support of this group. Encourages honesty with your tracking and exercise! Been here since August!
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I will be doing my fourth month of the UAC in February. It is a very supportive group and has a well organized structure that encourages at least a quick daily post, and you can also add more details if you prefer to partipate more in the mutual support. I have found that although the expectations are very doable, they help motivate me to stick to my goals every day. There are days I probably would not have exercised if I were not thinking of prefering to exercise for that small amount of time instead of take a pass day, and then once I got past my resistance, did well and stayed in the healthy mindset. I have a history of losing a lot of weight and not maintaining it and I expect if I keep signing up for this group when I am at maintainance it will be a very different experience than my previous times of losing the mindset and gaining back the weight. I am delighted someone recommended this group to me as one of, if not THE best group on MyFitnessPal.
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Simple rules for success yet oh so hard for a lot of us. This group will cheer you on, pick you back up, offer support, stick by you when you falter. Every one is kind and non-judgmental. Try it for a month and see for yourself!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing basic healthy habits.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.

We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too!

The accountability part is a daily report of:
    1) 20 minutes (minimum) of daily exercise;
    2) Tracking everything that you eat and drink;
    3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
    4) Reporting of your fulfillment of the above in the group daily..... or at a minimum every couple of days.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month. It seems simple enough - but it is not easy! :)

Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification!! And those who stick with it even after they've used up their Pass Days - are celebrated as Champions!!

I hope you'll consider joining us for February. Click the link below and then click JOIN. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/142439-ultimate-accountability-challenge-february-2022

• enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    This challenge and the very supportive group has really helped me focus this past month on the 3 habits that are so important to losing or maintaining weight (track food/drink, stay within calorie goals, and exercise). I started with the group in November and have learned something new or been encouraged every day. I'm in again for February!
  • Ginharbe
    Ginharbe Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, do it.

I participated and It was great, I will come back to it, for February I will rest from the challenge but will continue to log on MFP basics, Lent is coming up in March and I will take on it like I do every year, for January we have two days to go and I will stick to it to the end.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,058 Member
    Options
    I joined the Ultimate Accountability Challenge for the first time in August 2021, at the same time I joined MFP. Each month I’ve re-joined and committed to reporting in daily and honestly on three “simple” goals: tracking; keep within my calorie budget; and moving intentionally for 20+ minutes a day. This personal accountability has been key for me and having a safe place to report both my successes and challenges has been really important and helped me to not simply quit.

I am grateful for this group of people and their kindness, encouragement, and non-judgemental attitudes (and sense of humour and positivity too). I feel less alone and have more confidence that I can conquer not that the weight loss, but keep it off for a healthy life.

Join the challenge? Try it for a month; I’ll be there! Hope to find you there too. 😊
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,287 Member
    Options
    I have been in this group for over 3 years. To say it is the best challenge in MFP is not an under statement. Whether you are maintaining, losing, or wanting to gain. This challenge fits you. It is the most encouraging, uplifting, and non-judgmental group.
    I have join again in February.

Are you looking for support, accountability group, a no shame environment? Then, come over and try it.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    As one of our members posted as an Opening Thought ...
    Jana_2020 wrote: »
    TRY.
    TRY AGAIN.
    TRY ONCE MORE.
    TRY DIFFERENTLY.
    TRY AGAIN TOMORROW.
    TRY, AND ASK FOR HELP.
    TRY TO FIND SOMEONE WHO’S DONE IT.
    TRY TO FIX THE PROBLEM.
    KEEP TRYING UNTIL YOU SUCCEED.

Try us. Ask for help. Someone in the group has probably tried / is also trying to overcome something similar.

Keep trying until you succeed.

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    Feb will be my 16th month in the UAC. I couldn't've asked for a better, more supportive group of online 'friends' if I had been able to hand-pick them myself. Seriously! We have such a great group of people, from all over the world.... and as someone else has said, there's no judgment, just plenty of support and encouragement!

We hope you'll consider giving us a try. What have you got to lose??
    Click the link below and then click JOIN. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/142439-ultimate-accountability-challenge-february-2022
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,287 Member
    Options
    In this group, you are never alone. There is nothing that you are going through that someone has not been through. People will always stretch out their hands to you.

Click on this link and Join us
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/142439-ultimate-accountability-challenge-february-2022
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    Feb will be my 16th month in the UAC. I couldn't've asked for a better, more supportive group of online 'friends' if I had been able to hand-pick them myself. Seriously! We have such a great group of people, from all over the world.... and as someone else has said, there's no judgment, just plenty of support and encouragement!

We hope you'll consider giving us a try. What have you got to lose??
    Click the link below and then click JOIN. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/142439-ultimate-accountability-challenge-february-2022

Couldn't agree more! Try it for a month and see for yourself.
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I love this group! When I’m actively losing I am always so grateful it is here to help! This combination of very basic food and exercise accountability - plus a no fail support group is truly priceless. I always invariably lose weight and become so much more conscientious of my daily habits. It’s a simple yet interactive and supportive group - you really can’t ask for a better month by month challenge!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    You’ve heard from a wide cross-section of UAC folks: beginners & Veterans; in weight loss mode & maintenance; etc.

Quite simply, this group targets what it takes to lose & then maintain.

Great, proven approach (see all the messages above)

Supportive friendly group to help you along your way!

Try it! You might even be posting here next month!!

Member since 2017
    Lost my final 25 of 75 pounds after 40 years of (mostly) obesity & I’ve kept it off for 3 years 5 months! Thanks to UAC!

I also recommend The Building Healthy Habits group. Many of us belong to it to create habits in any arena to help you reach your goals!

🌸Please join us! Your future self will rank you!