CONSISTENCY MATTERS

Options
Hi I'm Rebekah and I am a food addict. I decided to use this app because I saw someone on FB mention its ease of input of food and I was like that is what I need. I have been faithful in logging my meals for 12 days. This is big for me because I struggle with being consistent. I need to have a surgery and did not want to go into it weighing over 200lbs. This is quite literally the heaviest I have ever been in life. I was floored when I saw the scale at the Dr office. My future spouse challenged me to get into a lifestyle of health. While it had been on my mind for a while I had not had significant motivation that did not wane with time.

Why is 12 days such a big deal. Because in times past if I failed my personal goal of weight loss I gave up after that first less than perfect day. I have had several bumps in this journey and I yet made it here and I can FULLY button my winter coat and it does not pull or bulge at the buttons and beautiful success to me.

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,986 Member
    Options
    In my experience, consistency has been absolutely the most important thing. Just showing up and logging my food intake, no matter what it was, has been what's worked for me, for going on nine years now.

Best of luck and congratulations on what you've already done.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Great job! Consistency is key, but don't be too hard on yourself if you have a bad or off day. We are human, things happen. Just acknowledge it and move on.
  • amandahoule27
    amandahoule27 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! You got this !
  • chunkymonkey570
    chunkymonkey570 Posts: 7 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    That is awesome! I combated motivation by daily habits because my motivation did not budge lol. i have 110 more pounds to go. lost 21 so far! Happy for you!
  • aipfsu
    aipfsu Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just keep going! Time will pass either way. It took me months to see any scales move and that was so sad for me. However, I kept going. Do it for you, boo! Hugs and hang in there. :)