Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.
Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Bring back the old ways of entering food amounts in App

So, I've been using MFP for years and just now I went to log my food the way I always do and absolutely everything was listed in grams instead of units. I log a lot of food based on things like, 1 cheese stringer or whatever, and I don't necessarily memorise or wanna do math every time I log food! The website still has the old way so I can log 1 20g cheese stringer or several if I've had several and I don't have to math, obviously that's one of the easier ones. For some reason they just took away information and choice from people logging stuff and restricted it. Why? Bring back the perfectly functional and usable system from before and stop trying to change things that don't need changing. Please. This really pissed me off, and there's no way to opt out of this ridiculous, restrictive update to the app. Maybe I'm the only one but seriously, why take choice AWAY from users? That makes NO SENSE. Bring it back, you still obviously have the data, just bring it back. Or at least give us the choice to bring it back. Seriously.
Tagged:
4 votes

Open for Voting · Last Updated

Replies

• freedomlass
    freedomlass Posts: 21 Member
    I agree we should have the choice to enter items either by gram, oz, or individual item as a whole like your single cheese string.
  • Swaggy_Tina
    Swaggy_Tina Posts: 1 Member
    I thought something was wrong with my app because it doesn’t seem like a change that makes sense. It’s so hard to track the same foods now if you’ve changed the original serving size once in your history 😡
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    I use the app rarely. I find it much harder to use than desktop. However, I do see options for servings. Click on Serving Size and see if you get options. If you don't get any, that is all the user entered. This is an entry MFP pulled in from the USDA database:

4xzeknapse3w.png