Drastic Calorie Deficit

Options
_Not270
_Not270 Posts: 1 Member
edited January 2022 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey everyone I’m pretty new to weight management but I recently snapped and started eating a lot less. I used to eat very large amounts of food, I could easily eat 7 regular sized meals a day. I am 6’2 and an 18 year old male at 270. For the last 3-4 days I’ve been eating less than 1500 calories a day. I play football, and I lift weights every day during the week vigorously for an hour and a half. I am worried about muscle loss but I’m tired of being fat. What’s gonna happen if I keep on.

Replies

• KarmaKamen
    KarmaKamen Posts: 42 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Find a calorie goal that is sustainable to you. If you're too restrictive, it will be easier to fall back into over eating habits (or binging). It's not just about the total amount of calories you're eating. It's what you're eating, too. Would you like to replace fat with muscle? Increasing your protein and weight training might be a good place to start? Protein can also help some people feel fuller, too. I'm new to weight loss, so I don't know very much yet, but others might be able to point you in the right direction if you ask for help with your specific goals.