đź’ĄLooking for Accountability Friends!!!đź’Ą

Options
Palace76
Palace76 Posts: 25 Member
Hi Everyone!!! My name is Maria and I need to lose about 100lbs!! How the heck did I managed to gain so much and keep it on for so long!!

Losing 100lbs is my long term goal but in the short term, I want to lose about 30lbs by May!! Why?? Cause I’m going to France Y’all!! I want to enter France feeling Fabulous and Fantastic!!!!

I am looking for friends to keep each other motivated, check in with each other, share success, and also share the downtimes!!!

Hope to make some new friends on here!! Who wants to join me???!?!?

Replies

• sparks9777
    sparks9777 Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 3 0 pounds to get to my goal but at the moment If food is nearby I eat hungry or not Ivan use some help also
  • dkr529
    dkr529 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Palace76 wrote: »
    Hope to make some new friends on here!! Who wants to join me???!?!?

Nice to meet you, Maria. Let’s do this!
    I have about 70 more pounds to lose to reach my goal. I’ve lost 10 lbs this month but I feel like I’ve already hit a plateau. I know that sounds crazy as I’ve only been on this latest get fit journey for a month, but every time the scale doesn’t move for several days at a time I get discouraged. I would be happy to be accountability partners on this journey to a new healthier life. Congrats on getting to go to France. That’s awesome! My goal is to also be down 30-pounds total by end of May (my birthday). We can do this!
    ~Donna
  • bergendc1981
    bergendc1981 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 40 pounds. I need accountability. I’m at a plateau, only losing 7 pounds before a stand still!
  • SantiagoAlverez
    SantiagoAlverez Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    May I join the accountability friendship squad?

I'm trying lose 1.5-2.2lbs per week myself. For the foreseeable future.

(Began journey at 234 trying to eventually one day get down to 145-155 range)

I'm down to about 207 now.

My food diary is also public to friends!
  • dkr529
    Options
    May I join the accountability friendship squad?

Absolutely! Our weights and goals are pretty similar. I began (again) Jan 1st at 230.6 lbs. As of today I weighed in at 221.5 lbs (slight gain from earlier this week). My goal weight is 150 lbs by end of 2022. I’ll send you a friend request!

~Donna
  • dkr529
    Options
    I need to lose about 40 pounds. I need accountability. I’m at a plateau, only losing 7 pounds before a stand still!

I feel the same. My goal for this week is to increase my water intake to see if I can break my current plateau.
  • dkr529
    Options
    I need to lose about 3 0 pounds to get to my goal but at the moment If food is nearby I eat hungry or not Ivan use some help also

@sparks9777 For me logging every single thing I consume was a big motivator to not eat as much and to eat healthier. Seeing all those carbs and calories building up and realizing they are all going to my <insert problem body area> helped me a lot.
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hi all I need more accountability friends. I have 90-100 lbs to lose as well. I started Jan 18 at 249 lbs now I’m at 243 lbs. Please add me as a friend.
  • dkr529
    Options
    Hi all I need more accountability friends. I have 90-100 lbs to lose as well. I started Jan 18 at 249 lbs now I’m at 243 lbs. Please add me as a friend.

@melissan84 Welcome! I sent you a friend request. Let’s do this!

~Donna
  • watsjo02
    watsjo02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I’m Joy. I am starting this journey today at 193. I’m looking for accountability because it’s too easy to tell myself “ one day doesn’t matter”, and all the sudden one day turns into one year.
  • One9eightfour
    One9eightfour Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I’m hanging out with 50-70 I’d like to lose as well. Feel free to add me if you’d like 🙂
  • dkr529
    Options
    watsjo02 wrote: »
    Good morning, I’m Joy. I am starting this journey today at 193. I’m looking for accountability because it’s too easy to tell myself “ one day doesn’t matter”, and all the sudden one day turns into one year.

@watsjo02 Welcome! I think we’ve all been there at some point! Logging everything you consume is a great way to help hold yourself accountable. I’m personally working on increasing my water intake and exercising more. I’m happy to be fitness pals.
  • dkr529
    Options
    I’m hanging out with 50-70 I’d like to lose as well. Feel free to add me if you’d like 🙂

@One9eightfour I sent you a friend request. Let’s help keep each other motivated. I have 69.8 more lbs to go to reach my goal.
  • BlueBaron37
    BlueBaron37 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as friend, I have high blood sugar now and am serious about getting healthy and losing weight.
  • Kdooms5
    Kdooms5 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the group. Looking to get on track and lose 20-30 before summer.
    Does MFP have any group chat/message options? I feel like that would be a good way to keep in touch and provide daily motivation. Something like a Facebook group chat. Anyone interested in this?
  • mikedee_nyc
    mikedee_nyc Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Took a break but back on track. Worked out consistently in January and focused more on my eating. Let’s do this!!
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,040 Member
    Options
    Kdooms5 wrote: »
    I would love to join the group. Looking to get on track and lose 20-30 before summer.
    Does MFP have any group chat/message options? I feel like that would be a good way to keep in touch and provide daily motivation. Something like a Facebook group chat. Anyone interested in this?

You can create a private group.
    q3aum3l5m991.jpeg
  • PitbullLover002
    PitbullLover002 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    May I join, I need to lose 100 lbs too.
  • time4changexx
    time4changexx Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. To be honest I don’t use MfP to log my food but I use it to go on the boards to look for inspiration, new workouts, recipes, etc…. Starting weight was 284, currently as 194. Goal is 145. Getting married in October :smiley:
  • dkr529
    Options
    May I join, I need to lose 100 lbs too.

Hi @aprillperry3892 , I tried to add you as a friend but it keeps telling me your username is not found for some reason. If you’re still around feel free to add me. :smile: