As a user, I would like to be able to select Apple Health as my source for steps.

Options
uberfastman
uberfastman Posts: 1 Member
MyFitnessPal already supports syncing with Apple Health, and it already allows the user to grant it permission to read steps from the Apple Health app. However, when you go to the setting to select where MFP gets steps from, you can only select the iPhone’s motion sensor itself, not Apple Health as the source for steps.

I use a fitness watch that is not supported by MFP, but it does sync with Apple Health, and since I do not carry my phone on my person all the time, my watch is the source of truth for my steps which is why I sync it to Apple Health. However those steps are not the same as what is recorded by my iPhone’s M7 chip.

I believe that MFP already has all the integrations necessary for this requested capability, but Apple Health would need to be added as an option for the source of steps.

Thanks so much!
Tagged:

Answers

• jalockett64
    jalockett64 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I only want MFP to link steps in my Fitbit! I don't want to use Apple Health for steps. Is that possible? I have tried to unlink Apple Health on my iphone but have been unable. My fitbit synchs with MFP for other items, however not STEPS. Why?
This discussion has been closed.