need a healthy recipe for quiche

Options
cinandchris
cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
I used to have a recipe for a healthy quiche that I would make and freeze and have as a lunch with a small salad. It was delicious. But i have lost that recipe. If anyone has one, I sure would appreciate it :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cinandchris
    Options
    I used to have a recipe for a healthy quiche that I would make and freeze and have as a lunch with a small salad. It was delicious. But i have lost that recipe. If anyone has one, I sure would appreciate it :flowerforyou:
  • Joi67
    Joi67 Posts: 5
    Options
    This is a great basic recipe, just substitute whatever vegetables and/or meat you like. I like broccoli and smoked turkey breast myself.

1 ready made pie crust

1 bag (10 - 16 oz) frozen broccoli
    6 - 8 oz smoked deli sliced turkey breast
    Sliced onion
    4 - 6 oz 2% milk cheese

3 large eggs, beaten
    1 can 2% evaporated milk
    Salt, pepper and nutmeg (all to taste)

Saute the vegetable, onion and meat in a little bit of olive oil. Sprinkle cheese on bottom of pie crust. Top with sauteed vegetable and meat. In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs and evaporated milk and spices and mix well again. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 350 for 45 - 55 minutes or until a knife inserted in middle comes out clean. You could use fat free evap and cheese, and even Egg Beaters to trim more calories, but I'm not too sure it would taste that great. Hope this helps!
  • SuniBC
    SuniBC Posts: 92
    Options
    Googled low calorie quiche and found this:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,low_calorie_quiche,FF.html

gives about 5 recipes but unfortunately no calorie or nutrition counts.

Now you got me thinking that's what I want for dinner tonight...lol :bigsmile:
  • cinandchris
    Options
    Thanks. I'll be making quiche tonight : ) mmmmmmm........
  • SuniBC
    SuniBC Posts: 92
    Options
    found 3 more recipes at spark

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipes.asp?food=low+fat+quiche&a=

That gives you lots of choices. :happy:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    There are a few quiche recipes posted on this site.
    Click on message boards, type in quiche in he search bar that is on the right.

~Joanna:flowerforyou: