Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

I'd really like to have a search function for my recipe box

Options
I have 30 PAGES of recipes which I've input over the years. It takes a huge amount of time to scroll through them all to find one I need to log for the day. Sometimes, I just give up and input it again because that is faster. Isn't there some way to implement a search function to streamline that part of your service?
8 votes

Open for Voting · Last Updated

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,122 Member
    Options
    Meanwhile, I would suggest using the app, you can sort and search recipes there. (you can sort on the website too, but only by name)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Meanwhile, I would suggest using the app, you can sort and search recipes there. (you can sort on the website too, but only by name)

Because of this, I use both the app and desktop. I vastly prefer desktop, but do like the ability to search my recipes on the app.

HOWEVER, it doesn't always work. I verified this with a recipe from 2017 last night. I was not able to find it from search in the app, but it was in page 25 or so in the list on desktop. Perhaps recipes that old are not indexed for some reason? >.<
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    ps: OF COURSE there is a way to implement a search on desktop. We've been asking for this for years. And been ignored for years. >.<
  • northernmom45
    northernmom45 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    why has this not been added since it has been requested for many years. And, the comment regarding the app search function for my recipes is quite true - it's not foolproof by any means and is quite inaccurate in my estimation.