Any 40/50 somethings?

Options
AlanM_1974
AlanM_1974 Posts: 40 Member
edited January 2022 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm 47 (48 in a couple of months) from tne UK and I'm looking for some accountability buddies in the same age range. I used to be in good shape a few years back (my profile pic is from when I was 41) but since then, I have had had health problems (diagnosed with diverticulitis, which gets in the way of my training when it flares up) and of course, I'm one of many who have succumbed to the pandemic depression/lockdown comfort eating.

I'm back logging on here again, taking full responsibility for what passes my lips and how often I train. I want to get back to the shape I was in at 40 when I reach 50.

Who's with me?

Replies

• TX_375
    TX_375 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Same issue... different cause. Definitely back on track now though. Good luck!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,502 Member
    Options
    I'm too old for ya (66), and in weight maintenance now anyway, so at a different stage.

Nonetheless, welcome to the MFP Community - wishing you much success!
  • Back_2_G
    Back_2_G Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I hear you my friend, 48 going on 49, the roller coaster weight thing is real! I know you can do this!👊🏼
  • michelemorrill1
    michelemorrill1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @AlanM_1974 I'm just starting out too, and I'm definitely with you, but as much as I'd love to have the same body I had at 40, I'm not sure that's possible for me. Instead, I'll focus on being in the best shape I can be by 50. Let's do this, my friend!
  • DeterminedJenK
    DeterminedJenK Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 in Feb. Had some health struggles in my 30s and gained some weight. I'm feeling better, and planned a vacation to Hawaii for my 40th. My focus is on my overall health and travelling (natural world over cities) for my next 40 years. No regrets, but use my wisdom and knowledge to make the best of now. I would love support via friendships on here and I'll support back.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,477 Member
    Options
    Turning 40 in March!
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    45 in two weeks! Need to shift 5kgs
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Hi. There is a middleagers group around here somewhere. I am 42 in October and definitely don't want to be the weight I was in my 40s when I reach 50! Late 20s, early 30s is my goal