1 month progress

Options
I started Jan 1st. I'm 5'2". My highest weight this month was 164.4lbs and my lowest weight 161.6lbs. It's not much and it's too early to declare a success story but it's nice seeing the small progress. I had lost over 37 pounds in 2017 and gained most of it back. So now I'm working on getting back to my lower weight before my trip to Europe this year. I prefer the slow weight loss approach so that I can maintain it when I reach my goal without any drastic lifestyle changes. CICO works! I agree with the saying, "If you can measure it, you can manage it"0s9qkwgx2j52.jpeg

Good luck all!

Replies

• dwayne2016
    dwayne2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Slow and steady!
  • AngWBald
    AngWBald Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Slow and Steady wins the race! I think it's a quote from The Tortoise and the Hare, but don't put me down if I'm wrong.
  • KipDrordy
    KipDrordy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I started Jan 1st. I'm 5'2". My highest weight this month was 164.4lbs and my lowest weight 161.6lbs. It's not much and it's too early to declare a success story but it's nice seeing the small progress. I had lost over 37 pounds in 2017 and gained most of it back. So now I'm working on getting back to my lower weight before my trip to Europe this year. I prefer the slow weight loss approach so that I can maintain it when I reach my goal without any drastic lifestyle changes. CICO works! I agree with the saying, "If you can measure it, you can manage it"0s9qkwgx2j52.jpeg

Good luck all!

What works best for you is best. The key to a very slow decline is being diligent in staying in decline. A smaller caloric deficit is easily defeated by break out days. I’m not going as low (fast) as the MyFitnessPal recommended intake to lose weight. 1250 calories for a man seems too low. I’m at 1500 and still losing. But I’m staying at that 1500 religiously. I went over once by a few hundred calories. 30 days in and I’ve lost 9 lbs (222 to 213). I’m sure I would have lost several more at 1250/day, but I would be prone to binge eating as I’d be hungry all the time.
  • KarmaKamen
    KarmaKamen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow short friend! I'm aiming for a slow weight loss, too (1-1.5 lbs a week). Good luck to you. If you did it once, you can do it again! It's just a matter of being consistent.:D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!