After walk numbness?

Options
KristiiAly
KristiiAly Posts: 40 Member
edited January 2022 in Fitness and Exercise
Do any of you experience a static like feeling in your feet after you go for a walk? I have my feet elevated but they’re still tingling and it’s uncomfortable. Any suggestions?? I only walked a mile. 🧐

Replies

• Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Mention it to your doctor.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,430 Member
    Options
    Do you walk outside or inside? If outside: what's the temperature like? Generally: do your shoes fit and are not tied too tight? Could it be you're overbreathing/hyperventilating from the exhaustion and do your hands or lips tingle as well? Other option: low magnesium?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,387 Member
    Options
    I get that sometimes when fatigued, and walking way more than usual, but it my case it's mild residual neuropathy left over as a side effect from chemotherapy long ago. (Being diabetic can also lead to neuropathy, I gather. I don't know whether you're diabetic?)

Yirara had some useful thoughts in her post, too.

Sometimes things like that can just be from the activity being new, and a bit of stress on the body. (I also don't know how unusual walking a mile is, for you, nor whether you're carrying extra bodyweight at this point.)

The doctor suggestion is good, if you're concerned. If it continues, making it a point to check in with your doctor would be a sensible thing.
  • KristiiAly
    KristiiAly Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I’m hypoglycemic, so sometimes my sugar does plummet. Usually when that happens, I get lightheaded or even tunnel vision! But the feet tingling is new.
    It was about 40 degrees outside when I walked the mile. Also, my shoes fit just right.
    The feeling eventually subsided so I do think it’s cause my feet aren’t used to walking so much.

Thank you guys for your replies! 💕
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    If wearing wrong sock fabric (cotton kills in cold is correct phrase) you feet could easily have been colder due to being next to moisture.