Hi everyone!! I'm Patti

Options
Hello everyone,

My name is Patti I am a 43 transwoman who needs to shed some weight and get healthy. I had success in the past after having VSG Weight Loss Surgery, I used that tool to restrict eating and exercise the weight off. After a pretty rough health scare my exercise ceased and my stress eating and lack of portion control reversed all of the progress I made prior.

I am looking for community. If you have had VSG WLS and are back on the path to re-lose I would love to touch base. If you are a MTF Transwoman and looking for an accountability partner or just someone to chat with, I welcome the friend request.

Thanks for all being so awesome!!!

-Patti

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,908 Member
    Options
    Hi, Patti. Welcome to MFP.

I’m “none of the above”, but I know there’s several trans members here. You might try searching for threads mentioning it by using the search function? It’s the little magnifying glass at the top of the app.

What do you think you need to do to get back on track? Is your health good enough to permit exercise again? Have you set a goal yet?
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I'm another "none of the above" but I'm a LGBT+ ally. Welcome to MFP!
  • PattiCruisin
    PattiCruisin Posts: 3 Member
    Options

What do you think you need to do to get back on track? Is your health good enough to permit exercise again? Have you set a goal yet?

Good Morning, springlerng62,

Yep, I'm ready to get back at it. Right now, my goal is to increase my level of activity by incorporating a 10k step a day goal, and then eventually start with a C25k program.

The driving factor in my previous success was running at least 2-3 miles a day five days a week. My natural drive says, get back out there and run... but I usually overdo it and foul myself out for the next week and a half. That's why I am going slow.

As far as food goals. I want to make better choices, not eat so late, and log for accountability.

So far so good, thanks for the welcome

-Patti
  • fatty2begone
    fatty2begone Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    None of the above, but I used to run also (my run is someones fast walk). I just started the c25K (week2) on a treadmill due to icy roads, but look forward to spring with sunshine and fresh air. I am hoping when March hits, I will be able to run 2 to 3 miles outside.

Just started logging and tracking everything morsel of food I'm eating. I am hoping at sometime in the future I will be able to know a correct portion and get off the roller coaster of weight loss and gains.

Best of Luck to you in your journey.