Any other real ale drinkers?

Options

Replies

• pamfm
    pamfm Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    ...We just brewed a chocolate peanut-butter brown ale...

Peanut-butter? That sounds amazing.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Really fancy a pint of Hobgoblin tonight... alas it will not be due to lack of exercise calories due to a stiff painful back at the moment.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    theres a beer group on here, u in it??
    its good.
  • rachempoo
    rachempoo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Pick me, pick me! I love a good dark flavorful pint. If I can see through it, or there's no flavor, I don't want it.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
  • ColetteM6
    ColetteM6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Right here! I leave a solid 200 calories every other day for my brew. I love Yard's. Best IPA's from anywhere. If I'm pushing it calorie- wise for the day, I'll settle for a stout
  • ColetteM6
    ColetteM6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I currently have 4 ales and one lager happily "bubbling away" in our beer cellar as we speak...along with a 7-tap kegerator in which to place them when they are finished brewing. So yeah, I'm thinking I could be counted in your "real ale drinkers" here. LOL!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Not the biggest beer drinker, but the correct answer is porter.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    theres a beer group on here, u in it??
    its good.

I was, but left because it was very quite & also US orientated, so nothing in common really
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I love ale and hate lager.

While growing up, I didn't think I liked beer. Most of what was served were various inexpensive lagers.
    Occasionally, I would have a beer that I loved, but I never paid attention to it because it was such a rare occurrence.
    I didn't realize the common denominator was "ale" until I was 40.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I'm an American drinker of real beers -mostly ales, but no IPA- cream ale, Scotch ale, porter, stout, Belgian, hefeweizen, black lager, oktoberfest... I don't want to start a controversy, but I think hops are a travesty.
    No controversy there - you are simply wrong :laugh: :drinker:

I'm English, but live in the States. I missed my English bitter so much I had to start making it. I have an English IPA cask conditioning now for a festival in a few weeks, but normally I force carbonate for personal consumption. So shoot me CAMRA. I can't drink 5 gallons fast enough on my own to keep it fresh if I don't.

I also have a Pliny the Elder clone going that'll be ready to drink soon. American IIPA = LOTS of hops. Yum.

Course, I also love doing "research" on different beers and different styles.
  • farway
    Options
    I love ale and hate lager.

While growing up, I didn't think I liked beer. Most of what was served were various inexpensive lagers.
    Occasionally, I would have a beer that I loved, but I never paid attention to it because it was such a rare occurrence.
    I didn't realize the common denominator was "ale" until I was 40.

Years ago i made home brew lager, and it really was lush, the highly advertised stuff is just not in same league and I guess the popularity of it amongst the young is down to advertising & not taste
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I love a good Sam Adams or especially Bass Ale.
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    The one Ale I like here in the US is White Wolf Ale. Wonderful stuff.
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    had a pint of Youngs ordinary yesterday whilst sitting by the Thames, delicious!
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    All around beer lover here. I enjoy ales, lagers, wheat beers, well... basically all of it. I tried to make a list of my favorite styles and ended up just listing all of them. The only kind of beer I don't drink is light beer - I figure that if I wanted a glass of soda, I could get a sprite and put vodka into it in that case.

In addition to drinking craft beers, I brew my own. I'm actually enjoying a nice homebrew bock as I write this :drinker:
  • farway
    Options
    had a pint of Youngs ordinary yesterday whilst sitting by the Thames, delicious!

Not had that one, but I do think time & place have an influence on perception, your pint by Thames as an example, for instance in a grim, dank boozer, on a wet Wednesday, near an industrial estate, close to Slough, would it still rate high?

Possibly, but I know sitting in sunshine, looking over Portsmouth harbour my HSB is more rewarding than same in grotty local boozer, even if grotty local boozer's is £1.45 cheaper
  • poohbear1958
    poohbear1958 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi Becks, CAMRA member from UK here. Feel free to add me.
  • Keithfit1
    Keithfit1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Vancouver has about 29 Craft Breweries, and I LOVE and great IPA. Anyone who loves and great IPA, please add me as a friend.