Homemade baking and self control! Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• JosieMomGramma
    JosieMomGramma Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Would love that chicken, coconut , pinapple recipe, sounds good!
  • JosieMomGramma
    JosieMomGramma Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I also love to cook & bake & my husband works at a resort camp so gets goodies whenever he wants ; so I don't really bake for him anymore. But we go to a coffee house almost every friday night in which serves cookies & coffee & local music. So I have been baking during the week or friday to take goodies to it. This way I know they are spoken for or are in the freezer for that occasion. The adults & youth look forward to all my goodies & I enjoy baking them. So I get to do what I love without overendulging. Sometimes I will save up the calories to have a small piece with coffee, fridays but not all the time. Depends what I have eaten during the day. Sort of my weekly treat, he he!!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    what works for me is to put it away.

also, i try to find ways to "healthy it up" by subbing this for that, like apples for oil or yogurt for milk. i made the MOST AMAZING zucchini bread ever with only a couple tablespoons of oil (yield 2 loaves) with 4 cups of squash and got rid of some of the sugar too. i

i brought it to a potluck and everybody went totally ape over it.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Tks so much for the Apple cider vinger trick, I've been wanting to try it out I just here it is really yucky tasting. How do you take yours?

Yes, it doesn't taste all that great (and that's putting it mildly). I usually take it "straight up" since it's such a small amount. But it really and truly squelches any desire to want to "taste test". I'm very good for that, gotta sample what I made, sometimes even sample the batter.