Back after 7 yrs.

Options
Well here I go again. My name is Michelle. I'm 51 yrs old.. I have 175lbs to 200lbs to lose.rg9oycnsa7ai.jpg
ybjmtai7xvd2.jpg
Back in 2015 I lost 60 lbs. I didn't quite reach my goal then but, but I weighed less to start with. Then, my brother and sister died and the weight just started piling on. Nowadays I've stopped working and become so large that I am unable to do many things without assistance. Breathing is difficult, and my back is in such bad shape that I can't stand for more than 15 minutes. It's just time I got it together. I've never been friends with anyone on a forum like this, but if you want to take a ride together, let me know.

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. You’ve got a good head start, you know the drill and have experience weighing and logging.

I guess it’s just buckling down and carrying through.

Have you been able to set up your profile and goals yet?

I lost 97, and have been in maintenance for a while. You’re welcome to send me a friend request, with the caveat that I’m old as dirt and waste a lot of time posting pictures of my dog. As do many here, lol.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Yes, do get your calorie goal and dust off that digital food scale. You'll be fine. If you want to start light exercise, some have talked about chair exercises to start and then walking. As I'm sure you know, you don't need exercise to lose weight, but it will add a lot to your mental health. Many people will "lurk"--read your post without commenting and need to learn the basics, so I'm mentioning it.

Wishing you the best with your weight loss.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,461 Member
    Options
    Be sure to visit the boards regularly, even if only to lurk.

I have learned so much here and received so much support. The “Success Stories” posts kept me plowing through many an uptick in weight.

IMHO those who participate in the boards have a much higher success rate, maybe because they’re more invested in the process.

And if anyone tells you age, menopause etc keep you from losing weight, tell ‘em to F off. That makes me so mad that people buy into that.
  • anmlmzdiet
    anmlmzdiet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I will keep that in mind.