Why can't I see the + to add people as friends?

Options
I've been trying to figure this out all day. Help.

Replies

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Click on the persons name, and from that screen click on the box that says "MyFitnessPal Profile". From that screen you will see the green boxes with "Add As Friend" included. I'm not sure if you can currently send people a message unless they are already a friend.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »
    Click on the persons name, and from that screen click on the box that says "MyFitnessPal Profile". From that screen you will see the green boxes with "Add As Friend" included. I'm not sure if you can currently send people a message unless they are already a friend.

I'm not sure that works since the Community upgrade a while back.

One thing that I believe does work:

* Click on "Find Members" at top of the Community page on web MFP, or in the 3-lines Community menu in the phone/tablet app (where the three-lines menu icon appears below the MFP three-lines menu icon, at top left of Community page) .
    * Type or paste in the user name of the person you want to friend-request.
    * Click the search button.
    * The person's MFP (not Community) profile page should appear. If they've not turned off the option, there should be a "Add as friend" button. Click it.
    * That will send a friend request; if they accept, you'll get a message on your MFP timeline.

Messages with requests don't work any more, IMU, if that's even still presented as an option. Messages can be sent after the FR is accepted. Exception: We can message MFP staff even if they aren't our MFP friends.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,115 Member
    Options
    I think there were some recent changes, making it a bit easier again after the forum upgrade made it very difficult:
    - tap /click on the person's username or profile picture
    - then on 'view profile', which takes you to their profile page
    - then on 'Myfitnesspal Profile' (blue letters in a blue rectangle)
    - there you should see the button to add them as a friend
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    I think there were some recent changes, making it a bit easier again after the forum upgrade made it very difficult:
    - tap /click on the person's username or profile picture
    - then on 'view profile', which takes you to their profile page
    - then on 'Myfitnesspal Profile' (blue letters in a blue rectangle)
    - there you should see the button to add them as a friend

Cool! Yes, that step was missing; the "find members" thing works, but what you detailed is more direct.