Why do I keep getting logged out?

Options

Answers

• jaedwa1
    jaedwa1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I also keep getting logged out and am super annoyed because I was cooking. I usually have several tabs open and input ingredient weights as I prep several meals. I got halfway through and when I tried to update a measurement, I was logged out and lost everything I'd previously logged.
  • RogerBush3
    RogerBush3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same here. Very annoying. Likely just a 'cookie' issue but frustrating nonetheless.
  • akilesh999
    akilesh999 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Super annoying. Never used to happen.
  • jbrumitt38
    jbrumitt38 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I get logged out literally every morning. It's incredibly annoying.
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Same here. All last week and still today. I cleared my cache, restarted my computer...nothing has helped. The app works fine but I prefer to use the website from my computer. Easier to read and to type.
  • k8blujay
    k8blujay Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    x7x7x7x wrote: »
    I, too, am constantly getting logged out on desktop. As soon as I close a tab (on Chrome) that has MFP open, I get logged out.

I'm on Firefox... I don't even have to close the tab and I am getting logged out... it just has to sit there idle...
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    If I'm reading y'all correctly, this has been happening to me, too: If I refresh or open a new page in web MFP, it takes me to the login page. (Oddly, that login page has the friend request or message counts on it as if I'd already logged in, in cases where I have new friend requests/messages . . . as if it's getting part way through the login.)

I reported this through the support portal (Support Ticket 4122657). A staff member helped me for a while, asked for lots of screen shots & and for me to try things (I did everything requested, sent info requested, etc.). Finally, I was told the staff couldn't recreate the problem and was told it was forwarded to the developers (with a politely-phrased implication that they probably wouldn't get to it, because it was just me. Perhaps it's not just me? 😆

At first, it happened just in Chrome, the browser I used most often. They asked me to try an alternate browser, and I found web MFP seemed to work OK in MS Edge. Now Edge does the same thing Chrome does. Most recently, when I tried to get into the support portal to see my support ticket's history, it presents a login there and won't let me in at all (with the ID/password that logs in elsewhere). I'm now interacting with MFP support about that.

If you haven't done so yet, please put in a support request about this problem, if it's still happening for you.
  • Jem594
    Jem594 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Got this response from support on Feb 6, "Our tech teams are aware of these issues and are currently investigating them. We hope to have them resolved as soon as possible."
  • Jaxco
    Jaxco Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is annoying, what genius made the change? "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
  • Marimar512
    Marimar512 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Came here to see if there was any solution to this problem that I am also having. Hopefully there will be a fix soon, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    Today I saw my newsfeed for the first time--in a long while. I went to type a comment and it automatically went back to broken. Thank you MFP. More patience is needed. And no, I'm not asking for help with the staff. So many people have this problem, they know about it, and it will be fixed eventually. Been there--done that.
  • TulsaDavid
    TulsaDavid Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Seems this began happening this month. I noticed that different web pages are setting the expiration date cookie differently, so it may be possible some page is expiring it.
    Something wasn't broke, yet someone fixed it good. 😵
  • Slowfaster
    Slowfaster Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Same here. I only use MFP on my desk top computer, no apps, I have stayed logged in for years, only tapping on it from my bookmark and it always took me to my home page. Now I have to log in from scratch after every cup of coffee. I love the site but this is aggravating.
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Now im getting an uh oh page when i log in.
  • zorander6
    zorander6 Posts: 2,711 Member
    Options
    Haven't seen my newsfeed in almost a week, now getting uh oh and getting logged out if I click on My Home. If I stay on food and exercise I don't generally get logged out. Multiple computers, multiple browsers, same thing.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    It would be nice if someone from MFP would respond to this. The logging out on the web has gotten worse. Originally it only logged me out on the diary portion and not the discussion/forum but now it's both. The app on my iPhone works fine but I hate it because I tend to eat leftovers from dinner for lunch the next day and on the web I can just do the checkmarks to repeat them but on the app I have to add each one individually.

I paid for pro but I won't be paying when it expires because this site has become barely usable.
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I don't even have a page/newsfeed anymore. It literally shows a strawberry and it says uh oh.
  • snowflake954
    Options
    I don't even have a page/newsfeed anymore. It literally shows a strawberry and it says uh oh.

This is me for 3 days. So cute---isn't it? However, it doesn't make up for the broken Home Page.
  • snowflake954
    Options
    Someone on another thread suggested loading your goals page first and then your Home Page---it worked! I got my whole newsfeed.
  • TulsaDavid
    TulsaDavid Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The relog screen is showing up almost every time you go back to Home (on the website). Instead of someone fixing it, they're making it worse. Hope this is because someone is trying to fix it and succeeds. Avoiding an expiring website is fundamentally close to HTML 101 (or Kindergarten).
This discussion has been closed.