Making 30 minutes for me!

Options
Ugh! Hello I’m here I’m trying to find a good place to track my workouts and stay motivated to not feel guilty for taking 30 minutes away from my busy schedule to workout!

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,461 Member
    Options
    Don’t feel guilty! Feel rewarded.

I know that sounds dumb, but sometimes the approach can make the difference.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,163 Member
    Options
    Or, think about what I call "the airplane rule": Y'know, when you get on the plane, and in the safety lecture they say "put on your own oxygen mask before assisting others"?

We need to invest a bit in taking care of ourselves, in other to take care of other people, our jobs, our homes, etc. By being healthy and strong, we have the energy to juggle all of those more effectively. A moderate amount of time invested in exercise, healthy diet, etc. - that has a payoff for other aspects of our lives.

Sure, that payoff doesn't show up with the first half hour of exercise, or the first healthier meal . . . but it will show up, and keep growing over time, with a good choice of self-care habits.
  • fatty2begone
    fatty2begone Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I feel guilty not exercising with the dog. (I walk him everyday and we have a pet containment fence). But he gets so excited when he sees me put my sneakers on. Guilt galore. :'(

Agree with above. You are important and you deserve to be healthy!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,461 Member
    Options
    I feel guilty not exercising with the dog. (I walk him everyday and we have a pet containment fence). But he gets so excited when he sees me put my sneakers on. Guilt galore. :'(

Agree with above. You are important and you deserve to be healthy!

Omg. Truth, this!!!!
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Don't feel guilty for taking care of YOU. There's that saying about, "you can't pour from an empty cup..." meaning you can't take care of those around you if you aren't taken care of (at least to some extent) first