Slow Runner, Getting back at it Again.

Options
1235»

Replies

• fatty2begone
    fatty2begone Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I completed a four mile run yesterday. For the first time since I completed c25k, the run was not a push to just complete. The 1st mile wasn't a struggle and the last mile didnt feel like I couldnt go any further.

I am starting to think, maybe, I can be the runner I aspire to be. Slow... but happy to be out running and not a struggle every time.

I am taking today off and will just do a walk with the dog, but I cant wait for Monday to arrive for the next run. (Cant wait for Monday??? I must be insane!)

Happy Running,
    Birdie
  • fatty2begone
    Options
    So an update for the Monday Run I was looking so forward too.
    Well that amazing feeling from a good run disappeared with the weekend.
    Mile one was not fun, mile two I pushed myself, mile 3 ran/walked. To be fair, I forgot to fuel myself (half banana does the trick) before my run and was definitely on empty. Next time...

Now for the good, I improved my 1st mile time by 28 seconds, 2nd mile by 30 seconds. So yes I will still take this as a victory.

Happy Running,
    Birdie
  • JenHol79
    JenHol79 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello! Slow runner here too! Would love an add!
  • fatty2begone
    Options
    Its been awhile and just wanted to drop back in.

I normally walk the dog for a mile after each run. My dog expects this..., However, after taking some advice from above posters, the last 2 runs I have walked the dog before my run. What a huge improvement. The warm up prior to the run has made a huge difference. I have run both runs without struggling the 1st mile especially.

My thoughts of running a half marathon in September... Not so much. I am at the point of running 4 miles comfortable and am shooting for 6 miles in the next month or two.

I am still slow in speed, but my endurance is improving. My treadmill runs are at a faster speed, my outside runs are sometimes faster and sometimes not.

I have reached one of my goals... Running Happy.
    Birdie