Need advice and buddies to hold me accountable 😭

Options
Hello! I want to badly begin working out and eating well to build muscle But I find it so hard to make myself eat a lot to get all the calories and protein I need. I also get so much anxiety about going to the gym because I don’t know how to start. I want to learn so I am open to advice, links to videos anything that can be useful. I appreciate it so much. Thank you!

Replies

• FossilFusion
    FossilFusion Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Welcome to the forum. I am no expert at all. But here are some tips for you.

Your best bet would be to go to a Gym and sign up with a trainer for a month or two to show you the ropes. (Form). It will also take away your anxiety after a couple of times because you will be focused on your trainer.

If you don't want a trainer. There is a decent amount of workout splits on the stickies. YouTube also has many places to look up exercises, but the only thing I find with this if you can't do them properly or you think you are(when you are not) it's hard to correct later on.

If you are struggling to fill up on Protein / eating enough food. Aim for higher fat sources of Protein like Salmon, and Red Meat. Protein Shakes as well.

Small changes each day are a win.

Good luck.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    If going to the gym gives you anxiety, have you considered following an online program? I love Sydney Cummings (YouTube) but there are many others.