How many calories does 30 minutes of pilates burn?

Options
I do a pilates video at least 3 times a week, and i can't find anything comprable in MFP to count the cals burned. Its a pretty difficult exercise...you use your abs to hold yourself in difficult positions, etc. How many calories do you think 30 minutes of pilates burns?

Replies

• MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I do a pilates video at least 3 times a week, and i can't find anything comprable in MFP to count the cals burned. Its a pretty difficult exercise...you use your abs to hold yourself in difficult positions, etc. How many calories do you think 30 minutes of pilates burns?
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    30 minutes of Pilates for me was just under 200 calories
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    www.caloriesperhour.com
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    Check out the site caloriesperhour.com for the answers to EVERY activity :bigsmile:
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    www.caloriesperhour.com

Great minds!!
  • FiaAna
    FiaAna Posts: 1
    Options
    Here is a good article referring to the research conducted by Michele Olson, Ph.D at the American College of Sports Medicine. Depending on the intensity of your workout the calories vary. But, for an intermediate level it's about 90 calories for every 15 minutes.

http://headsuponyourbody.blogspot.ca/2008/03/how-many-calories-do-you-burn-in.html
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Pilates is in the database under cardio. For me it only burns about 52 cals per video though.