Free Dietitian Consults at Hy-Vee

Options
Sageyoku
Sageyoku Posts: 77 Member
edited February 2022 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi!
I don't usually post in the discussions but wanted to share that Hy-Vee has dietitians on site--seriously, certified dietitians--who will give you a consultation for FREE. Here is the link:
https://www.hy-vee.com/health/hy-vee-dietitians/default.aspx
I have been self-guided with calorie counting using MFP for many years.
This year I turned 38 and with my 40s fast approaching, I wanted to check with a professional that my calorie intake and macros were on track.
0qa4uxpcyzip.jpg
The Hy-Vee dietitian wrote up a guideline for me based on my build, my personal goals, and my activity level (see the photo). As you can see I was doing a good job on my own, but she suggested more protein, less sugar, and more fiber. She also gave me advice on digestive issues and improving my activity levels.
And if you are able to send the dietitian some information before the consult (bloodwork, DEXA/other health scans, MFP logs) she will go over these with you as well. That is how I found out I need to lower my sugar intake; my blood glucose was high and I had no idea because no one had ever gone over my bloodwork with me in-depth like this.
I highly, highly recommend taking advantage of this FREE service.
It was very informative and helpful for me in making sure I'm not harming my body with too few or too many calories, and that my macro intakes promote good health.
Cheers!
(image edited by Mods to remove user's real name)