New Member- Daniel

Options
Hello,

My name is Daniel. I am over-the-moon excited to be apart of MyFitnessPal!

*A little background about my story: A few years ago, I was at my heaviest, weighing between 280 and 300 pounds. My doctor told me that I was pre-diabetic and that I was on the borderline of being diabetic. I knew at that point that I needed to make a change and get better or else things would go downhill.

I took it as an opportunity. A big opportunity and I made an impact in a very positive way. I went on to lose 90 pounds in about a year and a half (more or less). I think that if I hadn't lost that weight, things would be very different right now. I was working in the food industry, which gave me great motivation and exercise, due to my occupation and the amount of physical activity involved.*

Since I have left the industry and I am pursuing a new career, things have changed and have actually gone downhill in terms of losing weight. I have gained weight. A significant amount of weight. I am back up to about 235 and I want to get a hold on this before things get worse. I want to put myself in the right direction again. I want to get that old mentality back and keep at it.

My things that I need to start avoiding: take-out (such as Uber Eats), desserts several times a week, and also to get back into the routine of exercising on a daily basis. It is very important for me to stay active in order for my weight to go down.

The main purpose of joining MyFitnessPal is for me to gain a valuable and meaningful support system that can help me on my journey and be a positive influence in encouraging me to achieve my goals, as well as keeping me on the right path and holding me accountable. I'm here to make new friends, give support, and chat with other members. We are all in this together!

Thank you for reading my extremely long introduction post and I hope you have a lovely rest of your day! :)

Replies

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    Welcome, keep logging your food and exercise and you will see results
  • chuck6w
    chuck6w Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome Daniel, MFP s a great place of knowledge and support. Feel free to add me for some extra encouragement.
  • radiantbeauty72
    radiantbeauty72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Daniel, I'm new to MFP too, though I've tried it in the past. Looking to lose around 100lb and to get more active. I'll add you as a friend.