Scales moving but inches are staying

Options
Basically I'm losing weight on the scales but no on the measuring tape. To be honest I've only been measuring myself within the past week or so but weighing myself since I began my journey. It is disheartening to not see inches reduce despite losing weight :/ any advice?

Replies

• notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    You need to give yourself more time, you're not going to see results in a week. Try again in a month, and make sure you're measuring at the same time of day every time.
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    You just started measuring, keep it up and you'll see the difference in a couple weeks. It will come !!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    What is your exercise routine?
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    try measuring once a month.

what are you doing for exercise?
  • JCMA94
    JCMA94 Posts: 6
    Options
    I cycle 7+ miles daily and work in an active job. Not to mention I go to the gym 3-4 days a week to do cardio + weights
  • hannah_d1989
    hannah_d1989 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same situation... it sucks! Although have heard that this is common as the body prepares to let go of the fat... I have been on my diet for 3 weeks, and measured after 2 weeks with no change yet a good loss. Have decided to hold of both weighing in and measuring for a little while and give my body more time to adjust. Good luck
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I measure every 10 days....sometimes I loose weight...sometimes inches...sometimes both...
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    If you don't lose inches every 3 days you're doing something wrong.
  • JCMA94
    JCMA94 Posts: 6
    Options
    Can you elaborate please?