How do I control my daily calorie limit?

Options
dubob
dubob Posts: 6 Member
Setting up my weight loss regimen, MFP assigned a daily calorie count of 2010 calories. I have lost 10.3 pounds after 9 weeks on the program. My daily calorie limit is still listed as 2010 calories. My question is this - are there setpoints in MFP that will automatically adjust this amount downward, or do I need to do it manually?

Answers

• dubob
    dubob Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I answered my own question. After I posted my question above, I noticed that I had 4 discussions in my account. Looking at those discussions, I discovered I had asked that same question back in 2017 on a previous attempt to lose weight. The process is slightly different based on the platform used to view your account; I use a Windows computer and an android phone.

Computer:
    1. Log in
    2. Click on CHECK-IN
    3. Enter latest weight measurement
    4. Click on SAVE CHANGES button
    5. Select GOALS
    6. In the sentence "Would you like help setting up your goals? View Guided Setup", click on the link VIEW GUIDED SETUP
    7. Scroll to the bottom and click on UPDATE PROFILE button.
    8. Your calorie count will now reflect what is needed to continue a weight loss regimen

Android phone:
    1. Log in
    2. Click on ME icon at the bottom of your screen
    3. Click on ADD WEIGHT
    4. Enter latest weight measurement & save
    5. Click on UPDATE GOALS
    6. Click on CURRENT WEIGHT
    7. Click on YES
    8. Click on SET if the weight shown is correct (latest measurement)
    9. Your calorie count will now reflect what is needed to continue a weight loss regimen

You can do this on any setpoint you define. I weigh myself once a week on Monday morning as soon as I get up and before getting dressed for the day. I will adjust/update my goals (recalculate my daily calorie limit) after every 10 pounds of weight loss. You may want to do it more/less often.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,276 Member
    Options
    If you go to your goal setup and you change your activity level or desired weight loss rate, for example, and then change it back, you will get an updated calorie goal. It doesn't happen automatically (or it certainly never happened for me).
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,276 Member
    Options
    Oops, I was too late 🤪
This discussion has been closed.