Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Recipe search function

Options
carolbrady1
carolbrady1 Posts: 38 Member
Hello, I would really like a general word search function on the recipes section to save me trawling through loads of categories to find what I want, e.g. search on banana for recipes with banana in, this would save lots of time 🙂
24 votes

Open for Voting · Last Updated

Replies

• bweb778
    bweb778 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    upvote
  • Krisjay9359
    Krisjay9359 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Agree!!!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Upvoted! Is there any way to search the recipes I have entered? I have been on MFP since 2011 and it seems that they have never improved that section in all of these years. I have 20 pages of recipes, it is not easy nor worth it to sort through them!
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I was just looking for this feature - cannot believe there is no searchability! At least not on app/my phone. I am rarely on MFP on my computer.

I see one of your featured recipes, sounds good so click on it, then later on how do I find it again???
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I was just looking for this feature - cannot believe there is no searchability! At least not on app/my phone. I am rarely on MFP on my computer.

I see one of your featured recipes, sounds good so click on it, then later on how do I find it again???

There is a search function for your own recipes on the (Android) app.

As for the MFP recipes, there is a bookmark functionality (on the Android app anyway).
  • Cre27
    Cre27 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello, I would really like a general word search function on the recipes section to save me trawling through loads of categories to find what I want, e.g. search on banana for recipes with banana in, this would save lots of time 🙂

Definitely agree! I was trying to find a way to search specific recipes.
  • danishgirlagain
    danishgirlagain Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    absolutely!!! At the very least, a way of organizing the recipes - sides, vegetables, chicken, fish etc etc etc.
  • shinigan
    shinigan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I was just coming here to make this request. Seems strange that I can search my own recipes but not the MFP recipes. I rarely use them because trying to find anything in particular is just too frustrating.
  • NancyMallo
    NancyMallo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Please add search functionality to MFP recipes.
  • Hudson
    Hudson Posts: 74 MFP Staff
    Options
    While we don't have a search in the app, on the MFP Blog we a recipe search there. But having a search in the Recipe Discovery is something we can look into. You can always throw also a "MyFitnessPal" at the end of a Google search to help filter results if you're looking for more general ideas or inspiration.
  • GirlOnStilts
    GirlOnStilts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes yes yes. This is not a big ask. Search should be here. By food, calories, meal, etc.
  • leethomas11
    leethomas11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Totally agree. Was looking for a good pumpkin recipe today. All I can see are endless lists of foods which do not have a pumpkin in sight. Such an obvious function. Means we have to use other web sites for recipe ideas based on a good we have in the kitchen. Come on folks. This is 101 functionality. Surely ! 😳