Wouldn't it be cool...

Options
planxt
planxt Posts: 12 Member
Just reading about quantum physics and the origins of the universe.
Wouldn't it be cool if the universe was just some kind of unknown life form? Maybe instead of physics we would be using some kind of biological model to study it. Some sci-fi writer would posit that all life within the universe is just its flora. It would be like E. coli, our gut bacteria, trying to figure out its place in and the origins of the human body. It would follow that the multi-verse is actually just a community of universes! Just having fun! Have a great day, MFPers :)

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Note to my brain, don't go there. You're already s@rewed up enough as it is.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    That's basically the entire basis of traditional indigenous ways of knowing. The rocks, water, air, sun, everything are all beings no different than humans. So naturally, that would extend to all existing planets, stars, etc. All an interconnected system of equal beings with equal, but different manifestations of something akin to consciousness.

The book "Braiding Sweetgrass" is hugely popular these days and explores the intersection between indigenous ways of knowing and conventional science. I think you will find that your idea has been pretty well fleshed out over thousands of years.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I am changed.

And need a LOT more coffee.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,326 Member
    Options
    I clearly need more coffee to understand this
  • mazzeryamaryliss
    mazzeryamaryliss Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Read an article about earth being studied by astro biologists, claiming it is a living body the other day, duno but multiverse could mean it's just like a cell in a sea of cells all being fed by one organ. 🤔